If you pay only the minimum amount that is due on your credit cards every month, it might take you as long as 30 years to pay them off! Any amount that you can pay over the minimum will help you get rid of the debt much faster. These tips will help:
1. Pay off your cards with the highest interest first.
2. Keep track of what you are spending. Can anything be eliminated? If so, use that money to make payments on your cards.
3. Consider transferring a balance to a lower-interest card, but be careful to read the fine print.
4. Can you take a part-time job, do freelance work, sell unwanted items on eBay or at a garage sale, or turn a hobby into a small business? Use that extra money for credit card payments.
5. Avoid companies that say they can eliminate your debt, especially those that call you on the phone. These are often scams.
While it’s difficult to get rid of credit card debt, the freedom you will enjoy is worth it. Whenever you need a boost in your motivation, just remind yourself of how good you will feel when you have paid off the balances completely.